Last Saturday was the first time I have gone riding outside this year! I was so excited. It was a little chilly and I kind of wish I would've taken my gloves. I took my usual route and loved every minute of it.
Yesterday was my birthday and it was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze, probably the perfect temperature for cycling. Anyway, I decided to go for a nice ride to celebrate. I headed up Little Cottonwood canyon with the intent to get some good climbing in and then just head home. However, when I had climbed up a ways and zoomed back down I still felt like riding, so I just kept going and ended up doing a solid 30 miles. It added to the splendor of an already great day!
Today I did another ride with Isaac. it was a little cooler and a bit cloudy today but not bad. Well, not until I was heading home from Isaac's and there was a killer head wind that made me work even when I was riding downhill. Yeah, the kind that every cyclist dreads. It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to ride with anyone so it was really nice. We didn't do a long ride because of time constraints, although it worked out well because my legs were a little tired from yesterday's ride. I'm hoping I can get out with friends more often now that I have a few that bike and we're finally getting some good weather.
One of the best parts about living in Salt Lake is that you have easy access to the mountains.
I took these on my April 1st ride and I'm pretty sure it only took about 45 minutes to ride to
this point. The mountains are so beautiful and make for some really great training. From my
house I can get to 4 different canyon mouths within 30 minutes. How great is that?!
\



No comments:
Post a Comment