Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Food Training

First things first.  In order to do well in the tri, one must give up all the junk food and crap that they eat.  I've been doing relatively well over the last few months due to some very good influences from some very good friends!  Although, with three months to go, it's time restrict my "crap" consumption by at least 50%.


In my efforts to prepare for the triathlon and other bike races this summer as well as an overall attempt to be more healthy I have learned to absolutely love things like Yoplait yogurts and many fruits.  All Items that I rarely ate before.  My favorites would have to be grapes, raspberries, and bananas.  I've also been doing well with my vegetables and whole grains.  A bowl of Multi-grain Cheerios every morning will serve you well!

This will be part of my lunch tomorrow in case you were wondering.  :)


Along with the food, my drinking habits have changed for the better over the last few months.  Mountain Dew was once the bane of my existence, but no longer.  At times I would crave it like the Tarahumara crave a raraji party.  Now all I ever crave is water.  That's really all I drink aside from the occasional juice, milk, or lemonade.  I feel a lot better too!




To save on dirtying vast amounts of cups and letting them stack up until I run out, I use this nifty water bottle instead.  I love this little guy.  It's portable, reusable, and convenient.  The best part is that I stole it from my dad.  He received this from his work on one of their golfing days, along with other stuff.  I don't think he's even used it once yet.


Note the Nivea lip balm.  Best stuff you'll ever try!

No comments:

Post a Comment